Sunday, March 14, 2010

Why we fish.

I got to thinking the other day, call it an early mid life crisis. Why do I do this? Why have you chosen this path? After all its long days, financially unstable, hard on your body, and on the wrong day hard on your spirit. Not to mention the toll this lifestyle can take on relationships... I wonder sometimes if my ex girlfriends have their own testimonials web page floating around out there. I recently went to the Keys and landed a beautiful permit. It was incredible and classic, there are those moments. There are also the moments like the time my client had on this awesome bull trout in high water. I dropped anchor jumped out of the boat and netted it, only to come up victorious hearing the reel scream as my clients continued down the Blackfoot without me. The fish was "landed" but not "boated" because the boat was 75 yds downstream.....I caught up with them and the day was saved, but I almost died of a heart attack right there on the side of the river. My point is whether you are running across the flats or in your backyard, the Blackfoot, you never know whats going to happen. One thing I do know is, It's all good, and that's what keeps me coming back for more.......Tight Lines, Brandon

Book your Montana fly fishing vacation today at www.fivevalleysfishing.com or 1-877-783-0218

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. Many of the answers as to why we fly fish are touched on in a great new book titled, It's Not About the Fish. Check it our at www.bryanmcmurry.com.

    ReplyDelete